

Yesterday, I was itching to stitch my newest project, and went looking for the stretcher bars to mount it. Occupying pride of place on those self-same stretcher bars was Pepper, the cheerleader, my newest entry in the "Penguins on Parade" series.
Poor Pepper had been sidelined for lack of pompoms, and I had even made a trip to my LNS some time ago to obtain the necessary threads. So I pulled out my assortment of Paternayan wool--wow, how long ago has it been since I've used this thread?--and proceeded to stitch pompoms in a single strand of red, white and blue wool in French knots. Definitely a tight squeeze, but how fluffy the final product!
Next up on the stretcher bars, courtesy of DH, executive vice president of stapling, is the St. Marks, Florida, lighthouse.
Those are some really fine pom poms! Uh Oh on St. Marks. I will get mine out too - tomorrow. I'm afraid you will shame me.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to look at Pepper and not smile. She looks so cute and full of energy :-)
ReplyDeletePierrette =^..^=
How cute is she! I used to stitch a lot of penguins when my daughter was young...she loved them. However, time and marriage has forced a compromize of "NO MORE PENGUINS!" Sigh...
ReplyDeleteEdy
NYC