
Finally! I finished stitching the little gingerbread Cuckoo Clock by Gail Hendrix--and it took much longer than I thought! I underestimated the time involved in all those color changes. I'm very familiar with stitching small projects, but most of them have involved color blocks--a section of sky, or trees, or a building. This was fun, though, and worth the time and effort.
As you can see, I personalized the base with my initials and the date, as I think this little 3-D ornament will be a gift. I've only personalized something once, many years ago, when I stitched my own "Joy to the World" as a pillow for an alumnae auction at my college. If and when I do another one of these gingerbread pieces for myself, I'll be sure to make good use of the space allotted!
Onward and upward to another project!
Hi Anne,
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
I'm looking forward to seeing it finished into a house. :-)
Cynthia
Windy Meadow
It is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteGood job!!!! You are fast.
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful piece!
ReplyDeleteway too cute...what a wonderful job of stitching..,,,and yes the stop-start is excessive in Squiggeeland sometimes....i just finished the little Mr. Slide...
ReplyDeletehe is also stop start...well it is a trade off...could be lots of background...
you are a master stitcher...
xoxoxox
g