
If you're anything like me, you're wondering whatever happened to August?! There are only four days left until Thanksgiving, and--scarier still--one month and three days until Christmas!
To get myself in the holiday mood, I dug out my "Autumn Glow" egg, a crazy quilt design featuring colors and motifs of the season. The "backbone" of this egg is a wonderful thread--"Autumn Bouquet" Sheep's Silk by The Thread Gatherer, one of my favorite silk/wool blends. It forms the basis for the segments at one, four and seven o'clock.
The rest of the egg was stitched in DMC cotton floss, Kreinik #12 tapestry braid, and Petite Very Velvet--all in basically simple stitches that, by virtue of the colors chosen, still pack a punch!
Very little stitching for me today! I'm off to wash and iron my kitchen curtains!
I really like this one - warm and cozy, it is in those colors and threads! (Eggs for all Seasons, indeed!)
ReplyDeleteHi Anne,
ReplyDeleteI agree with Judy!
Very warm and cozy and just right for Thanksgiving!
And just three days till Thanksgiving! :-)
Cynthia
Windy Meadow