Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another lighthouse finish


With the pier all stitched, Presque Isle North Pierhead lighthouse is finished!

The walkway is a combination of dirt and aggregate, so I chose Felicity's Garden "Fawn," a heathery-looking thread, worked with one strand in Nobuko stitch.

The side of the pier was worked with DMC #5 perle cotton #414 in a cashmere stitch variation. For the rocks along the water line, I again used Felicity's Garden--this time "Granite"--in a satin stitch.

I now only need lighthouses from four more states--Alabama, Alaska, Delaware and Louisiana--to have representatives from all the U.S. states that actually have lighthouses. I'm open to suggestions--anyone out there have a particular favorite?

6 comments:

  1. This is definitely my favorite lighthouse. I love the moonlight on the water. Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this one too! I was concerned in the beginning because it had no green stuff on it - but it actually has more "feeling" and ambience with the moon and the water. It's amazing how much difference there is between DMC floss and pearl cotton - very effective in creating different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite lighthouses too. Hey does landlock Missouri and Kansas have a lighthouse? Thought maybe at Lake of the Ozarks or over on the Mississippi or even the Mudy Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Sue--you'll need to either head north to one of the Great Lakes states, south to the Gulf, or to the East or West coast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the night sky makes this one of my favorites as well. Glad you did this one a little different. It really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,

    How about teh Fenwick Island Lighthouse for Delaware?

    http://fenwickislandlighthouse.org

    Also how about the Ocean City LIfe Saving Museum? It's a very nice museum.

    http://www.ocmuseum.org

    Love the latest lighthouse. :-)

    Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

    ReplyDelete