Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back home and in the saddle again!


I've been out of town the last several days, but I took little Clara with me. I hadn't been on an airplane in almost two and a half years, and I was pleased to learn my little blunt-tipped Fiskars' scissors still pass TSA inspection!

Clara's dress is now finished, with trim added in DMC floss #3841.

With the lightest shades in place, I continued work on the Scotch stitches in the background and began filling in the tent stitches which frame them with Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #014. The metallic thread provides just enough twinkle without detracting from Clara and her nutcracker.

I've got a fair amount left to stitch, as well as having a ton of canvases to paint, so I guess it's turbo-needle time!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much darker the background is by adding the framework stitches. Please start on that nutcracker!! Clara's dress is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely piece, and the background is perfect. I'm looking forward to the nutcracker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is looking just right, providing a beautiful contrast with Clara's dress.

    ReplyDelete