Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surface embellishment


I finished stitching the outside of the "Nantucket" octagon with Petite Very Velvet, and I like the look! This shade of tan reminds me of sand, and sets off the center scene well.

I then worked stem stitches around the scene and the outside of the ornament with ecru DMC #5 perle cotton, which has a bit of a "ropey" look because of the inherent twist in the thread. With the same perle cotton, I stitched some stylized starfish on top of the previously-worked background.

Next up: finishing the surface embellishments before I start adding some shells!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful..I love the sand and starfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border is wonderful! The tan "sand" and rope "starfish" are just perfect. Hurry, hurry! I want to see how this one turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful - the tan/sand colour makes a great frame for the picture.

    ReplyDelete