
It's already September, and I haven't stitched anything yet to give as gifts this coming holiday season. I've been focused exclusively on the Toyland Rocking Horse canvas, and it's slow going. So to take a little break, I decided to switch gears and work on somethiing that's quick to stitch for a change!
This cylindrical ornament, the Irish Colleen from my International series, is destined for a friend who visited Ireland on a two-week tour this summer. Last Christmas, I gave her the little Leprechaun that I'd stitched for Judy Harper's last Possibilities column in the March/April 2011 issue of Needlepoint Now. With any luck, the leprechaun will have a girlfriend this Christmas!
I've made a few subtle changes to the design for my original model and will be using different threads and stitches in several areas. So stay tuned--I'm hoping this project will work up faster than some of the other projects I've worked on this year!
Too cute...she is on my want list for sure.
ReplyDeleteThere's something to be said for a "quick" project. Enjoy yourself.
ReplyDelete