With the addition of the lower wing section, the bottom of the
Ivory Angel canvas is finished!
This section was worked in an encroaching Gobelin stitch with white and gray Silk Lame Braid for 18 ct. I stitched as closely as I could to the top of the stretcher bars, but now it's time to reposition the canvas.
I scrolled back through your previous Ivory Angel postings because I had totally forgotten that you hadn't stitched the top part, including the cuff and name. And here I thought you were finished! It's looking gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteCan you explain how to reposition your bars? I'm not sure how it is done. Beautiful stitching!
ReplyDeleteI use staples to attach a canvas to stretcher bars. To reposition the canvas, I remove the staples and then line up the canvas on the bars to give me access to the next area or areas I want to stitch. I roll up the ends of the canvas and secure the rolls with alligator clips to keep the excess canvas out of my way while stitching. Make sense?
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne. The canvas is only attached to the bars on three sides then? Having a little trouble with the concept.
ReplyDelete