
Finally! I finished stitching the basketweave background on the East Chop lighthouse, using the needle-blending technique!
Since the last photo I posted, I started using DMC #3753 cotton floss with the #3752--four plies total--decreasing the darker shade by one ply and increasing the lighter shade accordingly. By the time I reached the top of the sky, I had started using white with the DMC #3753--the lightest shade in this blue color family. At the very top, I ended with 2 plies of #3753 and two plies of white.
I'm very happy with the result---it really does look like a foggy sky! When I'm finished stitching the lighthouse itself, I'll make some decisions about threads and stitches for the trees and bushes.
The fog and the waves are wonderful!! This is a great piece you've done.
ReplyDeleteThe color progression is so slight that it is hard to see from the photo, but I bet you can upclose.
ReplyDeleteStill painting a lot of canvases, I bet, as we don't hear much from you lately, stitching wise :-)
Pierrette =^..^=