
Cleaning my office/studio, plus painting an order, plus fighting a head cold equals not much stitching time! But I've started in on the little Leprechaun, beginning with his face so I have something cheerful to look at as I progress.
Even at this early stage, I've made some observations about the differences in the way I'm stitching this one versus the way I stitched my model several years ago. In that time, I've "plied down" in my use of cotton floss: using four plies now instead of six, making for a much smoother appearance.
Another switch-- next in my stitching order-- will be in my choice of thread for the Leprechaun's hat--black Petite Very Velvet. I don't think the petite version was even available when I stitched the model. I then used Fleur de Paris fine mesh velour, which was offered in a zillion gorgeous colors, but which has since been discontinued by the manufacturer.
With his little face now basically finished, I can move on to his hat and hair, including a fairly substantial beard!
I'm finding that these changes are good! I have also plied down with the floss to 4 instead of 6, as I started with on the big Celadon I'm trying to finish. (1996) I look forward to the details on this guy.
ReplyDeleteI love leprechauns. This will be fun to watch. Thanks for the tip on plying down, will remember it for 'next time.'
ReplyDelete