
I finished stitching the background for the Sugar Plum Fairy using DMC floss #3689 and Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #002V. I then added the ballerina's hair in satin stitch with Burmilana and her facial features with two plies of DMC floss in a single cross stitch.
On to her costume! I had visited my LNS to find just the right threads for this canvas, and fell in love with Vineyard Silk Classics "Provence"--the most beautiful shade of blue/lavender. The bodice of her costume was stitched in alternating vertical rows of tent stitch and slanted gobelin stitch.
I then outlined this area in tent stitch with Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #2094HL--a variegated metallic thread that the Kreinik folks call "Heather." I need to add flowers to her hair, fill in the tutu, and give my little dancer some ballet slippers, so stay tuned!
She's lovely! Beautiful colors and design.. she has presence.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty little SPF, she is! I'm anxious to see what clever thing you do with the trimming on her tutu and in her hair.
ReplyDeleteShe's a dainty little thing. Love the background and can't wait to see her all stitched up. And flowers on the tutu! Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteShe's already looking very pretty!
ReplyDelete