Monday, March 12, 2012

Taking a deep breath


Another trunk show was shipped out this morning! It's headed to Louise's Needlework in Powell, Ohio (www.louisesneedlework.com), where it will run from March 17 through April 4.

"On the Pond" (shown here) from the Kid Stuff category, along with its stitch guide, is among the large assortment of canvases included in the show. I think it's a good reminder that spring is just around the corner!

There's a lot of work involved in assembling a trunk show. beginning with painting the canvases themselves. Since I do all of my own painting, I spend a lot of time in my studio--and away from stitching!--hunkered over my painting table. I try to include designs representative of the season, like "On the Pond," as well as perennial favorites across the product line.

Then it's time to assemble the models, and I have stitched representatives of all my designs, either finished or in photo form, so folks can use my threads and stitches as a springboard for working their own version of the design. I find myself going through a lot of zip-lock bags to protect the canvases and models--who would have thought that somebody actually developed them to store food?!

Lastly, inventory time! Every canvas is counted and notated, so the shop personnel can double-check on their end when the show arrives. One of these days, I may actually go to one of my own trunk shows, but in the meantime all my models speak for me. Having just returned from my local UPS shipping center, I'm going to find a comfy spot, take a deep breath, and stitch!

1 comment:

sudu said...

Inventories ;-( Never liked doing inventories and it is on my " irons list" too...just putting it off. But I love the duckies...spring is here in the midwest and summer just around the corner.