Thursday, August 1, 2013
Highland Lighthouse, new and improved
Sometimes when you're on a stitching roll, you work straight through until the piece is done. Such was the case for the Highland lighthouse canvas, which is now already to go for the class in September!
DMC #5 perle cotton #B5200, 310 and 415 provided the tower, with a smidgen of Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #221 for the beacon. The fence was worked in DMC #5 perle cotton #318.
The outbuildings were stitched in DMC cotton floss: #349 in a slanted gobelin stitch for the roof, Blanc for the siding, #415 for the shadowing and #414 for the windows.
I didn't have enough grassy green variegated thread in my stash, so I decided to make some, using one strand each of two green Burmilana shades worked in a diagonal mosaic stitch. Dark green Impressions in French knots formed the little bush in front of the fence.
There's only one more non-blog stitching project to complete before I can get back to my rocking horse!