Monday, March 24, 2014
More progress on Anne of Cleves
Slow going these days--more painting than stitching--but I've managed to get half of Anne's red velvet gown completed.
In between lengths of red Petite Very Velvet, I've been working on the trim as well: more braided knitting stitches for her sleeves and stem stitches to define the trim around her neck and waist.
I also did a little work on her headdress, outlining the structured area around her face in tent stitches with a Kreinik metallic that combines gold with a hint of red. Inside the metallic thread I added gold Silk Lame Braid in slanted Gobelin and tent stitches. The gauzy veil that falls from this hat will be added later.