Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cuffed again


It took a lot longer than expected to finish the cuff on the Nutcracker/Packages stocking, but here it is finally!

Once again, I turned to Needle Nicely (www.needlenicely.com) in Vero Beach, Florida, for an alphabet for the name.  The shop provided me with a graphed chart that I used to transfer the letters to the canvas with a permanent marker.

The background was worked in a Nobuko stitch with Vineyard Silk Classic Bright White.  The letters were formed with blue Petite Very Velvet, which I also used to stitch the dome of the nutcracker's crown in basketweave.

3 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

Great looking texture on the cuff!

Anonymous said...

Looks good. You can stitch a stocking for me anytime you have a spare moment or two.

Anne Stradal said...

You'll have to get in line, Sue. I have one more to do after this one!