Thursday, May 12, 2016

Ivory Angel - Progress on two fronts


Starting in on the background at the top of the canvas, I turned the stretcher bars upside-down to make it easier to reach.  The treatment here is the same as the toe of the stocking:  Petite Very Velvet V604 in basketweave.  It's the kind of stitching best done in good light, lest all those faint white lines around the birds get accidentally covered.

Going around all those vines can get a little tedious, so when I'd reached the half-way mark, I added the name to the cuff of the stocking.  The chart for this, like the three other stockings before it, was provided by Needle Nicely in Vero Beach, Florida (www.needlenicely.blogspot.com).  I stuck a piece of paper behind the name before taking the photo so you could see the lettering more clearly.

Back to the background and filling in!

1 comment:

Needle Nicely said...

You're definitely on the home stretch. I love how this is turning out.