Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In search of seaweed


I took a trip to my LNS this morning in search of seaweed to embellish the "Judy/Anne" underwater collaboration! Fortunately, Barry, the owner of the shop, is used to my oddball ideas and soon joined in the spirit of the quest.

I may not eventually use all of the threads pictured here, but I think I have a broad enough selection. From top left, moving clockwise, are: DMC's memory threads in two shades of green; Petite Sparkle Rays in a silvery green; Petite Frosty Rays in a brilliant rose and tangerine; and the Petite Very Velvet which I'd already used for the seaweed around which the little seahorse wraps his tail.

In doing a Google image search of seaweed, I was struck by both the variety of shapes and colors which fall within this category. Now I need to play with the threads on doodle canvas to determine which stitches are best suited to enhance the canvas and create a stylized version of seaweed. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Totally beautiful! I have that P.Frosty Rays silvery green in my stash too. These look like great choices for sea weed.

Cool City Stitcher said...

The canvas is beautiful as is, so can't wait to see the garnish. I love the threads you've chosen, so will be checking often to see where you place the seaweed. Great job!