Tuesday, October 20, 2009
A double-photo finish!
Both versions of the "Victoria" mini-sock design are now completed!
To finish the lace cuff on the mini-sock on the left, I added black Petite Very Velvet and Smyrna crosses to the squares made by the grid of DMC #5 perle cotton that I'd already established. Then I stitched the last ribbon motif, using white DMC floss in basketweave for the background, #991 in satin stitch for the holly, and #304 in a cross stitch for the berries. I chose not to use French knots for the berries because, as a model, this little sock will get a lot of wear-and-tear traveling around and single French knots could be too easily snagged.
I finished off the cuff on the right mini-sock and, again, had one more ribbon motif to complete. For the filigree ribbon, I chose DMC floss #819--a very pale pink--in basketweave for the background, Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #002V , and Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #032 for the "pearls."
So here we have the same basic design, with two very different color schemes and cuff treatments--I look forward to learning which version YOU like best!