Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yikes, stripes!


I've made good progress on the background of Mother Ginger--enough so to reaffirm my decision to use a dark color here to make the characters "pop."

Mother Ginger herself has now donned a wig, stitched in French knots with Silk & Ivory "Pumpkin." And I've started dressing the children, changing the color of the shirts on the two munchkins peeking behind her dress from blue to red to contrast better with the purple background. The shirts and pants at the bottom were stitched in basketweave with red Petite Very Velvet. The children's faces and hands have also been stitched with DMC floss #948.

I'll be stitching the inside of Mother Ginger's hoop skirt next, so I can finish dressing the kids and give the poor little tykes some hair!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is working really well. I think the purple striped wallpaper has made a fabulous background for Mother Ginger's family!

Cool City Stitcher said...

This is one of my favorites..love the colors and all the little folks, not to mention Mother Ginger.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This one gets better each time you add to it! The colors are great.