Sunday, August 14, 2011

All bricked in!


TA DA! I finished stitching all the bricks on the Baltimore row/alley house. I used up a goodly chunk of the second skein of Sheep's Silk "Lingonberry," but I didn't count the bricks as I went along. I'm a committed stitcher, but I'm not totally crazy!

I'm continuing past the base of the tree working the sidewalk in Nobuko stitch with DMC #5 perle cotton #644. And to reward myself, I began stitching the window sashes in shadow inside the previously-worked frames using DMC floss #415 in tent stitch.

While I'm itching to stitch the little lamp post, I need to decide first what thread I'm going to use. There are still a lot of little details to work out on this canvas, but at least I feel I've reached a major milestone!

3 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

It's all about the details, and that's why your designs are so special! This is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a major milestone! I know you're itching to get to all the little details, the tree and the light. They make such a big impression on the overall design. Are you going to be doing a screen picture? Inquiring minds want to know...

Anne Stradal said...

Jan--Not on this canvas! Way too small an area. I'd wind up with what a friend of ours used to call an "eye-shattering mess."