Saturday, April 14, 2012

The full effect


Hooray! I finally made it over to my LNS yesterday and picked up two skeins of DMC floss #825. Now the little fish canvas is REALLY finished!

I love the colors in this project, but I dare say I've never met a shade of blue I didn't love. Balancing the different blues and greens was a great learning experience, and I'm happy with the way this canvas turned out.

There are some colors in the rainbow that I'm not really crazy about, and I'm wondering if I should try another project that incorporates a few of these colors. Sometimes it's good to step outside one's "comfort zone"--I may just do that down the road!

2 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

Very colorful.. blues and greens are my favorite colors. I like the different shades and how the borders look.

LIZ said...

Very cute! Love the leaf stitches in the border. Good job!