Saturday, April 7, 2012
My goal in stitching this little fish canvas was to pull all the threads I needed from my stash--I've dropped a lot of money at my LNS so far this year for various projects. As luck would have it, I ran out of DMC floss #825--the electric blue--just shy of the bottom of the background. Had I painted the background initially, I wouldn't have needed to ply up and would probably have come out even. Another trip to my LNS is in order, but not until next week as I have other priorities right now.
To keep this project rolling, I've started to stitch areas for which I do have threads! I filled in the bubbles with DMC floss #807, the same color in the border. Using three plies of floss, I first turned the canvas 90 degrees and worked a satin stitch, then righted the canvas and worked another satin stitch on top.
I stitched the white around the eye with Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #032 in tent stitches. The lines dividing the body have been worked in tent stitches with DMC floss #906, the same green that I used to work the diamond ray stitch in the border.
I've pulled all the threads for the body of the fish. so I guess it's time to decide which colors go where and determining the stitches.
Happy Passover and Happy Easter to everyone!