Thursday, May 24, 2012

Seeing red


I've been working on a monochromatic canvas under the radar screen lately, and the lack of color was really getting to me! So I'm starting a small project to fix that situation and help out a worthy cause at the same time.

Every other year, the Cape Cod Hospital Auxiliary sponsors a "Holly Berry Bazaar" as a fund-raiser. A friend of mine is in charge of decorating two full-size trees, which are raffled off at the end of the bazaar. One tree has a Cape Cod theme, the other is decked in red and gold ornaments. I already have three ornaments to decorate the Cape tree set to go, and decided to do some work for the other tree.

I've come up with a different colorway for my "Berries in Snow" ornament in the Eggs for All Seasons series. Hopefully this will help decorate the red and gold tree as well as relieve my color deprivation!

2 comments:

Jan said...

This should look super done in red and gold! It's one of my favorite set of colors for Christmas decorations. Looking forward to progress on this.

Cool City Stitcher said...

I love this design. It will be very festive in red and gold.