Monday, September 22, 2014
Fleece Fairy has wings! Starting at the outside with Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #002, I outlined the wings in basketweave. The inside four sections were worked in a woven stitch with white DMC cotton floss.
You'll notice that I haven't finished the inside of the top right part of the wing. I'm not crazy about the flowers adorning her hair--they seem way too large when compared to the size of the fairy's face. I'll finish work on this area when I've decided how to scale down the flowers a little.
In my last post, I mentioned that the margins around the design area are narrow. The white lines you see at the top and right of the photo are the edges of the tape on the canvas, which is mounted on mini stretcher bars. Not a lot of wiggle room if I add some kind of background around the lamb to make the finisher's job easier!