Saturday, November 19, 2016

A bonnet and a basket


This little bunny's Easter bonnet is made of straw, so two shades of DMC #5 perle cotton have been used in a woven stitch to create it.

The crown was worked in a satin stitch, as was the ribbon of Impressions and the flower of Burmilana and DMC cotton floss.  I would have preferred French knots for the flower petals, but the flower was too close to the outside edge and I didn't want the future finisher to curse me.

Determined to work exclusively from my stash, I found just the shade of brown I wanted for the basket within a skein of Wildflowers Sunflower Seed.  I cut out all the brown in the otherwise golden strands and worked it in an oblong cross stitch.  DMC cotton floss in a satin stitch supplied the eggs, with Easter grass created with Arctic Rays.

All that remains is the bunny's dress, but since the skirt of the backside goes on forever, this is going to take a while!

1 comment:

Needle Nicely said...

Great idea to use two different stitches for the hat and the basket. They look so real.