Saturday, December 20, 2008

Water under the bridge


The last few days I feel as though I've been stitching a sea of white! It's kind of ironic, since there are five inches of snow on the ground outside with more falling as I write. But the water under the bridge, DMC floss in basketweave, is completed under the bridge, enabling me to do some outlining in black and finishing the underside of the bridge's arch.

Also finished are the three sections of foliage stitched in Nobuko with white Trio and the white background of the bridge itself, done in basketweave using DMC perle cotton.

Next to be worked on, between baking batches of Christmas cookies, are the stones in the bridge and the black surface lines in the water.

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Anne,

This is really looking great. That will be such a nice piece when all stitched.

Have you thought where you will hang it? Any special room?

No snow around here but rain, which feels a bit depressing. Lately we have barely seen the sun.
Oh well, I guess I will have to watch plenty of Christmas movie with plenty of snow (grinning).

Pierrette =^..^=

LIZ said...

You are making amazing progress! I can't wait to see it when you get the stones on the bridge done.

Here in Reno we have a little snow on the ground (a week old) but more is forecast in the next few days. It is VERY cold though.