Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A little experimenting


Many of you may know that I stitch models for each of my designs. In fact, I don't paint a master for a new design until I've stitched it, just in case the design itself needed a little tweaking.

A couple of years ago, the model for my Lobsterman nutcracker stand-up "went missing" during a trunk show--the only time this calamity has befallen me. Now that I have a new brick-and-mortar shop carrying my canvases in Maine--The Stitching Mantis in Cape Elizabeth (www.thestitchingmantis.com)--I decided it was high time to stitch a replacement model for the shop to display.

The first model was the 18-count canvas version, and I do dislike stitching the same thing twice, even if it is my own creation! So the new model will be a 13-count canvas example, which will give me an opportunity to experiment a little with new threads and stitches. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is pretty cute! Bright too - so will be fun watching to see what you do with it. I love his lobster.