Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rounding another corner


I've been working exclusively on Mindy's Country Christmas, and I think this time you may actually be able to see progress!

I've "hit bottom" and rounded the corner on the right side of the border. I also went on a Peanut Butter binge and stitched most of the tan inner background.

Two more squares were finished and another started. The X on the square at center right was stitched in basketweave. I've also started preliminary stitching on the center square.

The square in the bottom right corner required a little more thinking and counting! I wanted to use a textured stitch in the large red diamond area, but a little different from the mosaic and Scotch stitches I'd used previously --they'll have their chance to shine again in the four remaining squares. Eyeballing the red area, I mentally traced the stitching path and realized that a diagonal mosaic stitch would work perfectly--a complete pattern without any compensating stitches that would have looked awkward. The center triangle of the center left square is exactly the same size, so three guesses what stitch I'll be using there?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going too fast. It's looking very good and now I can't wait to see it done and the charms attached. It's so nice to see simple stitches bring this to life!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is great looking! You are fast.

Cool City Stitcher said...

I love the way this is looking. It will be beautiful when finished.

I like checking your progress each day.