Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The waiting game


When I finished stitching the four outside segments of the octagon on the Brant Point Sailor's Valentine, using Vineyard Silk Classic in a Nobuko stitch, I knew exactly what I needed for the remaining four segments. Time to hit my LNS!

But when I made the trip to Town-Ho on Saturday, it turned out Barry had only one card of Petite Very Velvet in the color I needed--V604, a light tan that I've used before. He promised to order more for me this morning, but it will take perhaps 10 days for it to arrive from California. Drat!

Why was I so adamant about using Petite Very Velvet? I wanted a different texture for these remaining areas, while staying as close as possible to the color in the original areas. I'll also be doing some top-stitching in these areas, and I've found the PVV provides a nice, smooth "bed" for this purpose.

So until my ship--er, shipment--comes in, I'll be playing a waiting game with this project. I've long since given up being a monogamous stitcher, so I'd better find something else to work on in the interim!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the boat comes in soon!

Cyn said...

Hi Anne,

Love the contrast in textures.

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the different threads and stitches. Hope the shipment comes in sooner than expected. Looking forward to the embellishment for this project.

Needle Nicely said...

The over-all effect of this design is delightful to the eye just as it is. The smoothness of the Very Velvet is a nice contrast to the Nobuko stitch. Thanks!

Jane said...

Really love your stitching ideas! Almost finished with Fritz from the Nutcracker Ballet! Will post a picture when I'm done. Have you finished any of them yourself? Would love to see a picture of any of yours that are finished!

Anne Stradal said...

I'm saving up my pennies, Jane, to have all 12 finished at one time. They will make their debut next February at my first 2012 trunk show in California at Old World Designs.