Saturday, July 30, 2011

Farewell to Argentina


Les Eclaireurs lighthouse is finished, just in time for Sally to pick her canvas up at her LNS and start in on her version!

I finished the bottom red stripe on the tower with the DMC #5 perle cotton #321 and added the door at bottom right with DMC #498 perle cotton in slanted vertical gobelin stitches. The base was formed with DMC #5 perle cotton #642 in slanted horizontal gobelin stitches.

To provide a hint of movement in a very small space, I worked the water with four plies of DMC floss #334 in a horizontal interlocking gobelin stitch.

On to the base, where I stitched the grassy areas in Impressions #5011 in basketweave. The rocks were worked in a satin stitch with DMC floss #647. Last but not least, I worked the orange lichen in French knots with Silk & Ivory "Tangerine."

I think this may well be one of the prettiest lighthouses I've stitched so far: the snow-capped mountains certainly add to the scene and the combination of thread colors I've used are pleasing. I hope Sally enjoys stitching her souvenir of Ushuaia, Argentina, and I thank her for bringing this lighthouse to my attention!

5 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

I think this is one of the prettiest lighthouse scenes ever. I love all the elements you combined. Very unusual and striking. Excellent!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Sally will enjoy stitching this reminder of her trip to Argentina! The details are wonderful. Another perfect finish!

Edy said...

Amazing what simple stitches can accomplish in your talented hands!

coral-seas said...

I have yet to get over the cuteness of the Eldred Rock light house but agree that this one is extremely pretty. I'm sure that Sally will enjoy stitching her version.

Cyn said...

Hi Anne,

Enjoyed seeing you stitch this one as it is very different.

Thanks!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow