Wednesday, January 11, 2012

By request


My "chicks" have come home to roost--for now! Yesterday, the models for my designs based on The Nutcracker ballet arrived from the finisher--Stitchery Square in Camden, Maine.

Many of you had asked that I show them here when they'd been finished, and I was so pleased with the way they turned out, I just had to share. They've been finished exactly per my instructions: slightly raised, with flat backs, and simple cording--I'm not keen on "fussy" ribbons and such, as I think they distract from the design itself.

You'll note that the cording ( the velveteen backing, too) exactly matches the background color of the individual ornament. Over the years, my finisher and I have worked out our own "system" to make her job easier: I mark each canvas with the DMC number used in the background before I send them off. That way she doesn't have to fret over a color match--selecting just the right shade of blues and greens, for instance, can be particularly tricky.

13 comments:

coral-seas said...

They look splendid and make a very handsome set of ornaments.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been eager to see them all together. Lovely work, Anne.

Goldylox99 said...

I love them! Are they available on your website with stitch guides?

~Judy

Anonymous said...

they look so beautiful! i too have been waiting to see the finished product. they are so precious!

Anne Stradal said...

The canvases are available through needlepoint shops only--my website serves as an online catalog. For those interested in stitch guides, all you need to is to check the blog archives for a given design--all the info you'll need is right there!

M&Co. said...

Those are stunning!

Cool City Stitcher said...

They are so beautiful! I watched as you stitched each one, and I'm very glad you're showing them all finished. The finishing is also exquisite. Great work!

Edy said...

Makes me wish I had a Tree! Sigh.

BFromM said...

These are so lovely finished. I love the fact that trim is perfectly coordinated with the background. That's a trick I'll try to remember.

Needle Nicely said...

The different shapes certainly add to the overall appeal of these beauties. Thanks for sharing. Mary Agnes

Anonymous said...

Oh these really turned out lovely. I love the idea of giving finisher DMC #...so obvious yet usually forgotten. Thanks for the hint.

Jane said...

Oh, I love the whole crew. I'm working on finishing two of the set and this gives me the incentive to keep going so I can order some more!

Anonymous said...

Delightful - congratulations to you and your finisher!