Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A little here, a little there


I really have been pretty diligent in working on Geoffrey's wardrobe in the last few days--just not so diligent about taking progress photos!

I've established the pattern for Geoffrey's coat--a chalk stripe--using Vineyard Silk Classic "Heron" in vertical slanted gobelin stitches over three threads, alternating with a vertical row of tent stitches using Vineyard Silk Classic "Bright White." I've stitched the white stripes on one of the lapels, too, but need to decide how to fill in the gray. The stripes on the lapels are oriented on the diagonal since the fabric for this part of the coat is cut on the bias.

Geoffrey's trousers have been stitched, too, with Vineyard Silk Classic "Pewter" in slanted gobelin stitches over two threads alternating with a row of tent stitches.

His outfit may be looking a bit monochromatic at this point, but I'm hoping to add a little "zing" with my treatment of his accessories! And no, I still haven't added the houndstooth pattern to his vest. I wanted to get the larger elements "set in stone" first--grays can be funny, tending either to overtones of blue or brown, and getting part of the coat and trousers finished will make it easier for me to choose just the right secondary shade for the vest.

2 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

You've made a lot of progress since your last photo. Looking good!

Edy said...

My, how dapper!