Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Angel progress: hitting the ground, stitching
So I stitched an underlayment of ground in basketweave with DMC floss #433. Four plies of floss were used here, as I didn't want the profile of this area too high. The coverage is a little skimpy in spots but that doesn't concern me, as I'll be stitching over it later when I add the grass.
A photo of a "sea of brown," as DH called it, may be a little boring, but sometimes needlepoint is a step-by-step process! I've also temporarily "clipped" the lion's claws by stitching over the bottom, but the black that still shows will guide me in their placement when I stitch them, too, later on.