Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The fruits of a washed-out weekend


The long Memorial Day weekend proved to be chilly and rainy here on the Cape, definitely not conducive to weeding my perennial garden or planting window boxes.  So I staged my own stitch-in, working like a crazy lady on the Toyland Rocking Horse canvas.

The body of the horse is finished, worked in Petite Very Velvet, and the background under the horse has been completely stitched with Vineyard Silk Classic "Tea."  I'm really happy with the shade of green--it blends in well with the Wildflowers "Evergreen" holly behind the toys and looks great against the tan of the horse.  It will also show off the white mane well when I get to that section, but I'm still waiting on the arrival of the rest of the background thread.

So, until my order comes in, I'll have to work on a bit of this-and-that to keep the ball rolling!

No comments: