Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A little more progress


I'm quite proud of myself: with not too much available stitching time, I've still managed to finish three-quarters of the lattice border!

I moved on to the first brown band, stitching the background in basketweave using DMC cotton floss #433.

When this area was finished, I got a little carried away and starting adding the black zig-zag lines to the previously-worked areas. Nifty! This canvas is shaping up exactly as I hoped it would!

I hope to get the outside borders done by the weekend, so I guess it's time to bring out the turbo-needles!

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This piece has a really strong, fine personality - beautiful! It makes a statement, and will be a lovely accessory in my new home when I get one. It's amazing how the stitching will bring a painted canvas to life, even when it was pretty without the stitching.

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous! Each color you add brings more details to life. Yes, you need your turbo needles. I want to see what you do with the center. Wouldn't this tile make a wonderful border for a floor, like in an entry way?