Friday, January 21, 2011

A craving for Chocolate


Tenth in the series based on The Nutcracker ballet is Chocolate, which joins Coffee and Tea as another divertissement in Act II. It's performed by two dancers dressed in Spanish-style costumes, moving gracefully to very sprightly music.

My color scheme for this design is based on white, milk and dark chocolate. I've already painted the diamonds in the background to accentuate the crossed lines of the dancers' arms and legs.

I need to add some texture and sparkle to give their costumes the appropriate Spanish flair, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

They just keep getting better! This will definitely be in the top 4 my 'must-have' list from this series.

coral-seas said...

I was listening to the radio the other evening and they played the music from the Nutcracker from start to finish without interuption. I really enjoyed it.

I have only seen the ballet once and that was many, many years ago but I was surprised to learn that I know nearly every note of the music.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I hear the music in the background with each of these little figures - wonderful! I love these guys and look forward to seeing them finished and really alive and dancing.

Anonymous said...

These could be quite flamboyant, couldn't they!

Anonymous said...

These canvases just get better and better. I look forward to seeing what will be next.

Anonymous said...

The subtle details you include are amazing! Crossed legs and arms repeated in the background for the ornament is truly inspired. Each piece get better and better.