Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting all the elements in place


There's a fair amount of background in the Clara design, so I decided to start with it first. As with Herr Drosselmeyer's background, I'm using a framed Scotch stitch, this time with DMC cotton floss #3755.

When I got close to her shoulders, I started working on her dress in a framed mosaic stitch with DMC floss #3756. So far, I've completed the bodice and the sleeves.

On to the flesh tones! For both Clara and her tiny nutcracker, I used DMC floss #950. It's showing up well against the lighter areas surrounding it.

I won't be blogging again about Clara until the first of next week, as family matters need to be attended to. Just wanted you to be sure I wasn't being a slacker!

4 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

She is just beautiful! I do like the texture of her dress against that gorgeous blue background.

Cool City Stitcher said...

This is on my list of favorites. I'm eager to see how you make the nutcracker stand out from the background of her clothing. Love the design.

Anonymous said...

It amazes me that you can make each little ornament so distinctive! Each is more delightful than the last one. Can't wait to see the entire series.

Anonymous said...

She's looking lovely!