Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Getting all the elements in place
There's a fair amount of background in the Clara design, so I decided to start with it first. As with Herr Drosselmeyer's background, I'm using a framed Scotch stitch, this time with DMC cotton floss #3755.
When I got close to her shoulders, I started working on her dress in a framed mosaic stitch with DMC floss #3756. So far, I've completed the bodice and the sleeves.
On to the flesh tones! For both Clara and her tiny nutcracker, I used DMC floss #950. It's showing up well against the lighter areas surrounding it.
I won't be blogging again about Clara until the first of next week, as family matters need to be attended to. Just wanted you to be sure I wasn't being a slacker!