Monday, January 17, 2011
A tutu to go
I finished stitching the background for the Sugar Plum Fairy using DMC floss #3689 and Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #002V. I then added the ballerina's hair in satin stitch with Burmilana and her facial features with two plies of DMC floss in a single cross stitch.
On to her costume! I had visited my LNS to find just the right threads for this canvas, and fell in love with Vineyard Silk Classics "Provence"--the most beautiful shade of blue/lavender. The bodice of her costume was stitched in alternating vertical rows of tent stitch and slanted gobelin stitch.
I then outlined this area in tent stitch with Kreinik #12 tapestry braid #2094HL--a variegated metallic thread that the Kreinik folks call "Heather." I need to add flowers to her hair, fill in the tutu, and give my little dancer some ballet slippers, so stay tuned!