Friday, February 8, 2013

Angel progress: facing down on lion

I was referring to the lion on my angel canvas, but there's another lion roaring outside!  What's being hyped as the Storm of 2013 is howling outside our door, and while I usually blog in the mornings, I thought I'd sneak in a post before we--gulp--lose power.

My ordered threads arrived in record time, thanks to my loyal LNS owner and Rainbow Gallery.  I now have enough Petite Very Velvet to finish off the lion.

So far, I've finished his face, with some DMC cotton floss added for the eyes.  DMC floss #873 is a bright yellow, not metallic--I personally dislike using metallic threads for eyes--something surreal about "glowing" eyes!  There's a lot more of the lion's body to stitch--it's a very large lion--so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

Hope all stays well with you, Anne.
It does look like a ferocious storm from (excuse me) sunny Florida.

Your needlepoint lion also looks ferocious. I'm enjoying watching your progress.

Stay warm and well--

coral-seas said...

I think he looks rather handsome and very noble! Hope you came through the storm safely.