Sunday, February 22, 2009

Introducing Abigail




Shortly after I began stitching my two little For the Cure guardian angels, I received an SOS e-mail from Sue Dulle, a fellow designer in Kansas City. She, too, had a close friend about to undergo surgery for breast cancer, and she wanted to stitch an angel to provide her friend with some moral support. Thankfully having only one angel to stitch, Sue wanted to take her gift one step further, and asked me to design a back for the angel as well.

Sue's skillful fingers created Abigail, shown here pretty in pink Silk & Ivory, with her hair styled in bullion stitches. I was even more impressed that Sue did the finishing herself (for more details on how she went about this, visit her blog at www.sudukc.wordpress.com). Lined with pink fabric, Abigail can be used as a tree-topper or as a stand-up.

As a token of thanks, Sue has generously donated a stitch guide for Abigail. A contribution from the sale of this canvas with stitch guide will be made to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure Foundation. Thanks, Sue, for helping to make a difference!

4 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Good job! that is really sweet. The finishing looks great too - and thanks for the heads up. I'll send people to Sue for instruction.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That little angel is so cute and I love the way it was finished.

Pierrette =^..^=

Anonymous said...

Thank you Anne. You were so gracious to stop what you were doing to paint canvases for me. A stitch guide for you was the least I could do. And if our combined effort helps others that is even better. Thank you again. sue

g said...

how wonderful....and generous of both you and Sue...
she is so sweet...and I love the name...lol...Abigail...
xoxoxoxo
g