Saturday, June 13, 2009

The fog has settled!


Finally! I finished stitching the basketweave background on the East Chop lighthouse, using the needle-blending technique!

Since the last photo I posted, I started using DMC #3753 cotton floss with the #3752--four plies total--decreasing the darker shade by one ply and increasing the lighter shade accordingly. By the time I reached the top of the sky, I had started using white with the DMC #3753--the lightest shade in this blue color family. At the very top, I ended with 2 plies of #3753 and two plies of white.

I'm very happy with the result---it really does look like a foggy sky! When I'm finished stitching the lighthouse itself, I'll make some decisions about threads and stitches for the trees and bushes.

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

The fog and the waves are wonderful!! This is a great piece you've done.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

The color progression is so slight that it is hard to see from the photo, but I bet you can upclose.

Still painting a lot of canvases, I bet, as we don't hear much from you lately, stitching wise :-)

Pierrette =^..^=