Monday, April 19, 2010

A firm foundation


Humpty Dumpty is well-anchored now that his wall is finished! As I mentioned in my previous post, the bricks were worked in a cashmere stitch in Sheep's Silk "Lingonberry" and the capstone and mortar in DMC #5 perle cotton #644.

So far only one little vine is growing along the wall, worked in tent and satin stitches with one strand of Trio "Shamrock." Staring at the flowers as I finished stitching the wall, I decided I should change the color of the three tulips--too much yellow going on here! I'll make my final decision after I've stitched the leaves of all the flowers and started planting some grass.

3 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Isn't it strange how the original plan sometimes just isn't right? I do the same. This is looking really fine - but I agree about the flower color. What about maybe some pink/purple/red?? Blue and yellow is too much "repeat." Orange might work.

Edy said...

The brick wall looks fantastic!

Cool City Stitcher said...

I think this could become a classic! I love all the textures you achieved with the various stitches and threads. I'm eager to see the flowers.