Monday, April 19, 2010
A firm foundation
Humpty Dumpty is well-anchored now that his wall is finished! As I mentioned in my previous post, the bricks were worked in a cashmere stitch in Sheep's Silk "Lingonberry" and the capstone and mortar in DMC #5 perle cotton #644.
So far only one little vine is growing along the wall, worked in tent and satin stitches with one strand of Trio "Shamrock." Staring at the flowers as I finished stitching the wall, I decided I should change the color of the three tulips--too much yellow going on here! I'll make my final decision after I've stitched the leaves of all the flowers and started planting some grass.