Sunday, September 18, 2011

Neville's little brother


Those of you who subscribe to Needlepoint Now magazine, and who have received your copy of the September/October 2011 issue, may have already met "Neville." He's the faceless but dapper model of my "Savile Row" design that I used to show how easy it can be to replicate fabrics and patterns in needlepoint.

Neville was so much fun to stitch, I decided to work up another design highlighting traditional menswear fashions.
Unlike Neville, however, who measured in at 11 inches square, his little brother--Nigel--is only five inches square and fits in the top of a Sudberry House "Betsy" box. I can't think of a more stylish way to organize all that loose pocket change spilling over the top of a man's dresser!

Nigel is a combination of a stitch-painted canvas and a line drawing: a lot of the pattern will be stitched into the open areas. I'm looking forward to stitching this project and hope you'll stop by to check on my progress!

4 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

Can't wait to see how you clothe Nigel--you did such a great job with Neville's outfit.

Cool City Stitcher said...

I like this one a lot and I'm eager to see you stitch it. (Now Im wondering where my magazine is!)

Anonymous said...

I just love these. Can't wait to see how you stitch this. And I have lots of mn in my life so I will be watching closely!

Anonymous said...

Never seen any canvases like this before. A very interesting design. Should be an interesting piece to stitch.