Thursday, March 5, 2009

Both large and small


When I design, it's usually something on a much smaller scale than that of "Nellie's Imari," the gorgeous pillow canvas designed by Judy Harper. But I love Imari designs so much, I adapted two of the pieces in my porcelain collection to create this "Egg for All Seasons."

My "Imari" egg was stitched in basketweave using DMC floss, with the outer navy border done in Petite Very Velvet. It incorporates colors of which I'm very fond-- navy, peach and jade green--in a series of mirror-image motifs.

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Anne,

Both design and choice of colors are lovely :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Possibilities, Etc. said...

The Japanese had good taste when they chose those colors - we decorated with them in the 70's. Now, however, I like what the Chinese did in the same era with Celadon - my current favorite color. I'll send you a picture of a canvas and beg you to do an egg with it too. LOL