Saturday, March 14, 2009

A lot of black, a little color


I've started stitching the first quadrant of the Kyrgyz pillow and am happy so far with my progress. There's a LOT of black background in this piece, so I've tried to discipline myself to stay "one step ahead of the shoeshine, two steps ahead of the county line" in stitching the background before interjecting a bit of color.

The canvas is mounted on 18-inch-square stretcher bars, and reaching the top really IS a stretch but doable. I'll rest my weary arm by heading down to the lower section of the quadrant, where soon I'll hit another patch of color!

5 comments:

Jane said...

The black background is going to make this design really stand out

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I agree! This is a beauty for sure!!

Anonymous said...

I knew the colors would be beautiful. And I LOVE the tulip that you worked out so carefully. Fabulous start!

Front Range Stitcher said...

Excellent color choices all around. This will be lovely.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Anne,

I think that you also need some arm extension just like I do on HHH. Might save our poor backs :-)

Pierrette =^..^=