Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Move over, Pepper!



Yesterday, I was itching to stitch my newest project, and went looking for the stretcher bars to mount it. Occupying pride of place on those self-same stretcher bars was Pepper, the cheerleader, my newest entry in the "Penguins on Parade" series.

Poor Pepper had been sidelined for lack of pompoms, and I had even made a trip to my LNS some time ago to obtain the necessary threads. So I pulled out my assortment of Paternayan wool--wow, how long ago has it been since I've used this thread?--and proceeded to stitch pompoms in a single strand of red, white and blue wool in French knots. Definitely a tight squeeze, but how fluffy the final product!

Next up on the stretcher bars, courtesy of DH, executive vice president of stapling, is the St. Marks, Florida, lighthouse.

3 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Those are some really fine pom poms! Uh Oh on St. Marks. I will get mine out too - tomorrow. I'm afraid you will shame me.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

It is hard to look at Pepper and not smile. She looks so cute and full of energy :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Edy said...

How cute is she! I used to stitch a lot of penguins when my daughter was young...she loved them. However, time and marriage has forced a compromize of "NO MORE PENGUINS!" Sigh...
Edy
NYC