Saturday, November 7, 2009

A bit more color


As usual--for me, anyway--I'm dangling a carrot in front of the horse as I stitch away on the Zellig tile design by Jan Fitzpatrick.

When I finished stitching a little more of the framework, I treated myself by adding another color: DMC floss #311, the middle value of the three blues I'll be using in this piece.

No more color for me, though, until I finish another quadrant of the gold framework! But even at this point, it's starting to get exciting--it actually is beginning to look like a tile.

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Very pretty - and it does look more like a tile! These colors will go well with Nellie's Imari. Now I have to go look at Jan's again.

Cyn said...

Hi Anne,

I also do that where I motivate myself by stitching not so fun sections and then stitch the more fun sections next. If that next work, I "encourage" myself with chocolate! That is after I am done stitching! LOL!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow