Monday, November 16, 2009

In the spirit of Christmas Future



Yes, I DO tend to think ahead. And yes, when I get what I think is a bright idea, I'm like a puppy with a bone.

I was so pleased with the way my pastel mini-socks turned out recently, I decided to try my hand at an egg-shaped ornament to go with them to decorate my dining room--for Christmas 2010! I decided to re-do the "Gretchen" egg (right) in pinks and greens, adding a bit of "bling" just for Christmas. The final product won't be all pink and mint green--I'll need to choose different shades from color families in my stash to make the woven ribbons more interesting.

A stitching buddy in Wisconsin asked me recently if I would "walk through" my stitching of an egg, and this seemed to be the ideal opportunity. So here goes!

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I'll start my coffee early tomorrow, just in case there's fine entertainment here. Looking forward to it!!!