Friday, November 13, 2009

On the home stretch


With the addition of DMC floss #434 in basketweave for the brown inner framework, the design of the Zellig tile is really coming to life!

I also finished the ivory background, using mosaic stitches with a little bit of compensating. I then added the "arrow" motif at 2, 4, 8 and 10 o'clock with DMC floss #815.

Only two more colors to go! I'll use the lightest shade of red for the remaining "arrows" and the center section, and navy for the "starburst." I should be able to wrap up this project tomorrow!

4 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I really like that brown basketweave framework, as it kind of anchors and separates the areas of mosaic and helps them show up well and look orderly. (like grout)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait for the finish of this! This is beautiful Anne. The colors remind me of Old World tapestries. Petite Very Velvet would be stunning in these colors. Especially after seeing your Victorian stockings you blog stitched.

NCPat said...

Very nice! The brown frame makes my eye go right to the center...very effective.

Edy said...

I really like how you are doing this piece almost entirely in mosaic stitch. I've done backgrounds like that, but never the whole piece, design and all