Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Zellig tile progress


I've finished the gold framework and filled in the remaining sections of deep red and medium blue-- now this piece definitely looks like a tile!

To treat myself, I added the "floating triangles," using DMC floss #322 in mosaic stitch. Four colors are now finished; five more colors, including the ivory background that's almost completed, remain.

Next up: the inner brown framework! I'll need to deviate from mosaic stitches in this area. Because of the number of threads I allotted, one half of the design would actually look like basketweave if I were to compensate mosaic stitches, so I've decided to give up gracefully and do basketweave stitches throughout. Would you believe micro-mosaic?

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

It's looking great - and micro mosaic will work- it just accentuates the rest of the pattern, I think. I like your colors.

Anonymous said...

You're stitching this up quickly. The colors are great and I can't wait to see the rest of the colors you've selected. Basketweave will work well with this design. I considered it too. Can't wait to see what you do with the center of the design. I'm stitching it last, but have my treatment all ready to go.